Thread: alero 2.4 1999
View Single Post
Old 06-30-2009, 11:39 AM   #1
eastern
GX Member

eastern is on a distinguished road
alero 2.4 1999

helle eveybody

beginning of the year i bought an alero 2.4 1999 ( 155000KM )soon after i bought it we had to replace the seal in the timing chain cover this al went well.

now i have another problem while driving sometimes the track off light will burn and the car will start driving in a emergency program what means the motor and automatic transmission will work but very bad.
the motor even stalls or almost stalls when you stop

when i turn off the engine and start again everything is ok untill it comes back.

The dealer read the fault code and that is tps sensor voltage low they told me they repaird a cable because is was damaged,

but now after 1 month it is back again with the same fault code.

one other thing is that when the engine runs idle the motor shakes , when you turn on the airconditioning it shakes less

what i did so far :

1 new sparkplugs ( delco from dealer )
2 new air filter
3 cleaned the tps sensor and the throttle valve
4 cleaned the valve that controls the idle
5 new motor oil and filter
6 new seal in timing chain cover
7 changed the serpentine belt
8 checked for vacuum leaks but did not find any
9 fluid levels are ok ( cooling / brakes / motor oil / power steering / transmission)

any one has any ideas what to do to make the shaking go away and how to repair the tps sensor voltage low
I dont know how to test the tps sensor but the light is only sometimes on and after stopping en starting the motor it is gone again for a while.

the dealer was shure it is not a wheelhub or abs related problem the scanner clearly says tps sensor voltage low

thank for the info , besides the small problems i like the car and it drives ok only it uses a little bit to much gas 1 liter on 9 km avarage ( driving half of the time in the city and the other half on the hiighway)
eastern is offline   Reply With Quote