View Single Post
Old 07-11-2009, 05:55 PM   #1
wilypueo
GX Member

wilypueo is on a distinguished road
Howzit from Hawaii

Found my way here while surfing for info about replacing the stock stereo in my 2000 Alero GLS Coupe (really just want to upgrade the deck to something with a USB port, but might swap out the UQ2 6-speaker set, as well). I am basically lacking in all mechanical skills and have no gumption for it but like to know a little bit so when I do take the car to the shop I have a vague notion of what is being explained to me. My car is currently all stock with 65K miles on it (most of that in the first few years of driving when I had a 25 mile commute--since then I have had the luxury or working out the house). I have had some of the usual problems, particularly with the window regulators on both sides. Now I think I have the dreaded LIM issue--on a whim after poking around this site, I popped the coolant cap and see the coolant has gone somewhat muddy *sigh*. Oil level and color looks good, so hopefully I am not in too bad shape. Will bite the bullet and take it into Goodyear (closest/only shop in my town) Monday.

Anyhow, nice to have found this site and so many friendly Alero owners hanging about.

(yes, been actively using SEARCH as well as a lot of heavy browsing on the forums already )

Cheers!
wilypueo is offline   Reply With Quote