View Single Post
Old 08-08-2009, 09:02 AM   #1
Redog
Aleromod part owner

Redog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Redog Send a message via Yahoo to Redog
Sound like a loose wire?

OK My oil gauge has been going nuts for a while. I figured that it was just a loose wire but I tighened then today (ones on the back of the gauge) and the ground inside the fuse box and it's still doing it.

I'm thinking that the wire inside the dash for ign is loose. I only used one of those clips and it's connected into the orginal bus for the radio (remember I put in the Navi radio) and it's tucked behind the "box" for the radio and the bus for the radio in in there too.

It's a tight fit, very tight.

The gauge will jump all over the place and then stop jummping and give what looks like a correct reading. At WOT it will go to almost 50 and then right before the shift point start jumping all around again.

I'm going to tear into it this afternoon.

Also there is a relay in my dash to turn the radio on and off with the ign. If I didn't put this in, the radio would never fully turn off because the data wire does not send that kind of signal to the radio. I bought an iPod connceter to hook into the radio. I did all the wireing correctly (had to put the wires back into the new conncetor plug) and wired the postive wire and the ground to the respective places on the relay. When I plug in the "box" for the iPod, the radio turns totally off. Nothing at all, and the iPod connector doesn't work. I'm thinking that this is because it's hooked into the relay. I was going to try going into the ign on the back of the radio and see if that works

What does everybody think?

2000 Olds Alero 3400 SFI 14.53 @ 94.93
1985 Olds Delta 88 307 SBO 17.96 @ 76.99
2007 Volvo V50 T5 6M 15.782 @ 89.12
www.facebook.com/kb0177
Redog is offline   Reply With Quote