Thread: Re: AOTM
View Single Post
Old 09-14-2009, 03:26 AM   #1
AleroB888
GLS member

AleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: AOTM

I would like to take this time to thank everyone who voted for the car (all five of you), and to give a shout out to [Ion]C2, whose rogue sense of humor made this possible (lolwut !). I’ll bet even Ion had to laugh when he clicked on Aleromod, and saw a white car up there with the disclaimer displayed above it. I sure did. But still, it meant a lot to me (and the car ) to have her showcased, if only for a brief time.

After much thoughtful discussion with her (the car), we are seriously considering retirement. She won’t safely run any quicker, not likely to ever look any better, and now the list of needed repairs is growing -- windshield, AC compressor/HVAC system, and (hold your applause) a shredded tranny. Yes, it took years of intense effort to break it.

I used to joke that I’d be damned if I let this car outlive me, but now the sentimentality factor starts to kick in. This was the car that I taught my son to drive in. 272 races, the first and only car I had that won any bracket racing trophies -- five of them. Daily driver, six 2500 mile round trips to Kentucky, four of those with a racing session there. It’s been a wild ride.

So, lot of options to consider. I haven’t given up quite yet, because it’s been kind of a twilight zone of good fortune I’ve had since owning her. If you watched the Broncos game today you know what I mean.
Now I have to go out to the garage and see if she needs anything.

Thanks, guys!

Last edited by AleroB888 : 11-13-2009 at 10:08 PM.
AleroB888 is offline   Reply With Quote