Thread: Sub Box Noob
View Single Post
Old 11-13-2009, 04:07 PM   #12
DansGen1Alero
GL Member

DansGen1Alero is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to DansGen1Alero Send a message via Yahoo to DansGen1Alero Send a message via Skype™ to DansGen1Alero
well if you talk numbers yea you can bust myths, but to my ears, the sealed sound much harder, deeper, and of higher quality so the numbers to me would have to not be noticable to the ears. Not to mention that the prior 2 people how have built my boxes, (who have engineering degrees) live by sealed boxs. And I recall it is for the same reasons I have mentioned, though it was a couple years ago, so I am not for sure.

I can tell the difference and IMO sealed is of better quality and deeper not as distorted. Yes, I have not heard a box you are talking about, anything is possibile, but I cant go off hear say. You may be the only person that can build a ported that is louder deeper and not as distorted.

If it is, more power to you, I will fly you out here to build my boxes (next time)

Im editing, as I do not want to sound sarcastic, I am always up for louder sounds, just never happened with ported, but again, if i need a box built again I will come to you.

"Vinyl belongs on the side of a house not on a car"

Last edited by DansGen1Alero : 11-13-2009 at 04:11 PM.
DansGen1Alero is offline   Reply With Quote