View Single Post
Old 11-26-2009, 08:59 PM   #1
TdotAlero
GL Member

TdotAlero is on a distinguished road
Check engine code P0440

We all know that it means something to do with gas. In my case I figured out it was the infamous gas tank locking cap. Anyway normally I wouldn't just create a thread to rant about it but in the case of my car it's kind of a weird problem. So I had my check engine light on for a while, and I replaced my gas cap with a used one that came out of a Grand Am. The light was off for a couple of days and then came back on. I gave up until like a week ago when I filled up and the engine light disappeared. Usually after filling up it would still be on. Anyway I had no problems until two days ago when I left my key in the 'on' position. The light came back on. So I fixed the cap to turn the light off. It seems that whenever I just turn my car on the light doesn't come on, but if I leave the key in the 'on' position it comes back on. After re locking that gas cap it disappears. What can be causing it ? It only comes back on after leaving keys in the 'on' position. Would getting a brand new replacement cap solve the issue?
TdotAlero is offline   Reply With Quote