View Single Post
Old 01-28-2010, 02:12 PM   #1
tw0123
OSV coming soon!!!!!

tw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond repute
block purchase...

So here is the mini story...
My motor developed the LIMG and it leaked into the bottom end and spun a bearing by the time I limped home...

So after a year of searching, I have purchased 2 vans, had a baby, got stuck using one van for the family, and now the engine on that is slowly dying, so the second van will most likely replace that motor, instead of going in my Alero like originally planned...

I found a guy who is willing to sell me the block/ bottom end with a new water pump, and the timing cover still on, saying all I will need to replace is the LIMG and head gasket, as it was blown when he bought the car....

My question is this, does this sound too fishy or am I just getting lucky on getting a good deal? btw, I am getting it for $50.

All advice, and further information on what I will need is appreciated!!! I am almost figuring that even for $50 I can't really go wrong either way...

Misty: 3400, S&S headers, TCE 65mm TB, CAI, 180* TStat, Milzy motor & tranny mount, 18" BOSS 328 & much more... going osv!!
Silver: 2.4L, 5 speed, GAGT seats, front & rear STB's, all red tails, led headlights, Magnaflow muffler, Milzy Motor mount, WAI, Cosmo short shifter; sold n missed
Tequila: 2.4L, GA interior swap, scrapped...
tw0123 is offline   Reply With Quote