Thread: Losing coolant
View Single Post
Old 03-04-2010, 04:10 PM   #1
zzyzzx
GLS member

zzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond repute
Losing coolant

Car in question is a 1999 with 25,150 miles on it, and all original except for the battery, serpentine belt, and it's had some oil changes. Besides the LIMG and overflow coolant tank, given the age and mileage on it, is there any particular places I should look? This is a backup car that I don't even keep at my house (I live in the city) but so far I haven't noticed leaving any coolant anywhere. I am suspicious of the cooling reservoir because the some dampness I saw running along a seam below it. Dipstick looked OK, but it was getting dark at the time i checked it. There was some crud on the oil filler cap, almost looked like I had mixed oil and corn starch, or something. I can't quantify the leakage rate since I rarely drive the car. What coolant I can see looks fine. The car runs perfectly, but if I'm not supposed to drive it in case it has LIMG, then I won't except to move it around the yard. Any advice?

Last edited by zzyzzx : 03-04-2010 at 04:14 PM.
zzyzzx is offline   Reply With Quote