Thread: Losing coolant
View Single Post
Old 03-08-2010, 04:02 PM   #3
rustyballs_69
Its Beer Thirty

rustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to rustyballs_69
http://grandamgt.com/forum/showthread.php?t=68087
That will help you out. There are somethings that I do different than angrysk8r did.

When draining the coolant it is easyer to just pull the lower radiator hose off then mess with the drain rooster.

When your pulling the upper intake you can leave the throttle body on the upper intake. Just pull the two coolant hose off the throttle body.

The coolant tube that comes out of the back of the t stat hosing doesn't need to be pulled out. Disconnect the rubber hose from it and remove the 13mm nut that holds the tube to the rear head.

Get a block of wood and a jack and put it under the oil pan. Lift it up just a little and take the passanger side motor mount out. That way you can get to the 3 bolts that hold the power steering pump on with out the use of a swivel. Once the power steering pump is off just set it up on the strut tower. You don't need to take the lines off.

Don't mess with the rocker arm till you have the lower intake manifold off. Then use the tool to lift the rocker arm up and pull the push rods out. Make sure you don't mix up the push rods. I would put 12 holes in a box and lable the box front and rear. That way the push rods go back in the same place they came from.
rustyballs_69 is offline   Reply With Quote