View Single Post
Old 03-28-2010, 10:42 PM   #10
AleroB888
GLS member

AleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond repute
I'm not an expert as is WhiteV6, but my thought is an increase in velocity is not so important until approaching the combustion chamber in the lower intake manifold. There it also affects atomization. Up to that point, it is lack of the restriction of flow that is most important, which leads to pressure drop and power loss. The MAF sensor and throttle body can be larger, and may be a benefit, but could be a detriment if they create any turbulence. More velocity through the throttle body doesn't hurt, as long as there are no turbulence or frictional losses that result from it, but since the air slows down again in the upper intake manifold, my thought is that velocity at the throttle is not a benefit, whereas the slight rise in pressure (less vacuum) from a larger throttle can be.
I am now using 36 lb. injectors with the rest of the car basically stock, (as my intercooler is being reconfigured) and all I changed was the IFR constant. It idles and runs with no issues. The most basic thing is to get a correct idle. Then make one change at a time and analyze the result.

Last edited by AleroB888 : 03-28-2010 at 10:44 PM.
AleroB888 is offline   Reply With Quote