View Single Post
Old 08-01-2010, 03:30 AM   #5
Runaboveit
GX Member

Runaboveit is on a distinguished road
That doesn't make sense. Our cars have no such part. That is simply "fancy" words thrown together to confuse people. And 80k is actually not that high lol considering I have almost 3 times that many miles on my alero

But yes, please take it somewhere else for another opinion. Don't tell the new shop what the other shop said. Act like you are going there first and play dumb. See what -they- say is wrong. Don't fall for the "if you get the work done right now, you don't have to pay the diagnostic fee". They are trying to get you to cave and just agree to what they say is wrong and they overcharge you, while at the same time you think you are getting a deal because you aren't paying a diagnostic fee. But have some faith, there are good shops/people out there. Just gotta find them. Get more opinions.

By chance do you have a check engine light on? If so you can have it scanned for free at autozone or the like. Then come back and tell us the code that autozone said it had.

You could simply have spark plugs that need replaced as well. Especially if they are the originals with 80k miles on them. I believe the plugs used from the factory were platinum which on average claim a useful lifespan of 100k miles. But it's not like suddenly at 100k miles they go bad. Depending on the conditions your car has been driven, they may be ready for a swap. Especially if you don't have a check engine light.

miles as of 04/23/10

Last edited by Runaboveit : 08-01-2010 at 03:39 AM.
Runaboveit is offline   Reply With Quote