View Single Post
Old 08-03-2010, 01:09 PM   #58
mfuller

C5/C6 pad (FMSI D731) is 7.23"Lx2.48"W.
GXP pad (FMSI D921) is 7.18"Lx1.98"W.

Tobin was going to try to get measurements from GM, and if he got those then he'd be able to put something together fairly quickly.
If not, he'd need parts. We'll see what he comes up with.
Looks like C5 rotors use the same centerbore hole size, so we'd just be looking at re-drilling for our bolt pattern.

Here's a copy of the email I sent to him after our telephone conversation:

Tobin:

Thank you for speaking with me earlier today.
I was directed to you by some very informative threads on a Camaro message board.

I have a 2000 Oldsmobile Alero that I would like to fit Corvette C5 brakes onto.
The vehicle is primarily a street vehicle, although I do at times road race with it (HPDE events).
Currently, I have a Baer Track+ front brake setup installed, which uses 13x1.1" directionally-ventilated 2-piece rotors and twin-piston PGC calipers (similar to RPO J55 on a C4 Corvette).
I would like to use pin-drive C5 calipers and their 12.8x1.25" directionally-ventilated rotors, was hoping you could help with fitment.
My OEM brakes are directly interchangable with 97-03 W-bodies, so there is some opportunity for multiple platform support.
Rear brakes are currently stock, but I plan to use a rear setup from a 2005-2006 Pontiac Grand Prix GXP, which uses 12x0.8" vented and drilled rotos and single-piston PBR pin-drive calipers. I do not think a full C5 setup will work on the rear due to the drum-in-hat parking brake.
The bolt circle pattern is 5x115mm and I believe the hub size is 70.3mm.

Please let me know if you can assist.

In case anyone else wants to contact him (it'd help if we had some other people show interest), email info@kore3.com.