View Single Post
Old 08-10-2010, 02:44 PM   #9
zzyzzx
GLS member

zzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond repute
This is the thread I was looking for earlier:

http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbul...ht=fire&page=2

Well, i have figured out where the problem was. It was definately an electrical problem and it was up under my dashboard. Whoever had the car before me, hooked up neon lights that goes underneath the car. Well whenever they took the neon lights off of the car, they did a real poor job of tapeing the wires that was up under my dash. Yesterday, the car caught on fire and almost burnt to the ground. I was driving down the road and the car started acting all wierd, so i coasted to a good stopping place and quickly got out, when i noticed the smoke pouring out from under the dash. If it wasn't for fast thinking on my part. The car would be a pile of ashes and charred metal. I unhooked the battery by using a pair of bolt cutters and cut the positive battery wire. The car is a total loss and not worth the time, effort or money to repair it. I only had liability insurance on it and will not get a penny for the car from the insurance company. However i will sell it to a junk yard and get a couple hundred for it. My luck has gone from bad to worse.

Thanks to those that has tried to help me out with this car. I consider it a huge lesson learned.
zzyzzx is offline   Reply With Quote