View Single Post
Old 09-13-2010, 01:49 PM   #4
zzyzzx
GLS member

zzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by cherrington17 View Post
wow. this is a huge difference compared to your usual posts.

nice job, thanks for the pics and how-to!

That's because my Alero only has about 28,000 miles on it and besides the LIM job, I haven't had to do much to it. That and I am trying to teach people how to repair their alternator since it (and the starter) are probably the easiest parts on the car to repair or rebuild yourself. That and the prices on rebuilt alternators is way out of line. They cost a lot and tend to suck, and I wasn't going to throw out an alternator that had only 27,500 miles on it! New alternators are even more expensive and made in Mexico or China, which doesn't appeal to me either. I remember when alternators were like $40
zzyzzx is offline   Reply With Quote