View Single Post
Old 09-26-2010, 01:44 PM   #13
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by allencochran1989 View Post
im not sure if thats correct.. because me and my bro... he has a grand am gt.. when we raced we would stick side by side.. when i would manually shift i would always pull ahead of him at least a couple of cars

Well guess what, I AM sure that is correct. Until you've delved into the electronics and programming behind how the car operates and have compared the readings from the PCM compared to the readings on the gauges, you have no clue... I've adjusted the transmission tables to increase the shift pressure moderately and lower each shift time to an average of 0.100 sec. My car shifts precisely at the point it is set to, every time, quicker than anyone could throw their hand forward and wait for the transmission to respond to that movement and decide that upshifting is a good idea at that moment.

Car lengths and "sticking side by side" on the street are no accurate comparisons.
[ion] C2 is offline   Reply With Quote