View Single Post
Old 10-22-2010, 11:21 PM   #6
AleroB888
GLS member

AleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by [ion] C2 View Post

Reasons:
  • Can't launch worth shit.
  • Low spark advance and high knock retard.
All 2.4 sec 60 foot times. Need something better than street tires, something much wider than what I have now. Also it's been a long time since I've raced. Spark advance was in the range of 9-13, was stupidly low. Had 3-6 degrees of knock retard too for 75% of the run. I'm going to consult Speed Industry's amazing tuner and do some proper dyno tuning, because this sputtering, knocking, high boost, low power stuff has to go.

I should've just filled up with C16 at the track and been done with it, lol.

Nice run!

Still pretty good, if not exactly what you were expecting. Sometimes wheelspin will make the PCM pull timing even if you have the trac control set to "off," depending how you have your Torque Management set. So simply getting a good solid launch may help that situation.

What run of the day in sequence was that, and did you get a chance to cool down the engine?