View Single Post
Old 11-05-2010, 10:35 AM   #1
XanderWiFi
Premier V.I.P. Member

XanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to XanderWiFi
Overlay Installation

I just received my overlay from a recent partout and yes, I purchased it before completely knowing how to install it. Figure it will be a learning process...but I'm a bit baffled from the get-go.

The overlay pieces have scotch tape on the back of them and I am not sure if that is a good sign. There is the converter box with the obvious red=hot wire and black=ground wire.

Then there is the switch box coming off of the converter...with what appears to be an on/off switch and possible a dimmer roller?

I have read that grey is hot in the console and black is the ground wire. I have also heard going around through the center console and other times going around the left vent. All in all I am a bit confused-and where the heck am I supposed to put that dimming/on/off controller?

All guage installs I've only seen the flashy light and lights and just assumed they constructed the overlay to have the light shine through it in that manner. Nieve and hopeful maybe-but I did not expect this and since my alero is my daily driver I cannot afford to be installing blindly and not be able to get it back together in time.

Any chance I can get some mercy info on the installation please? If this is in fact the overlay many people have. I'm an amateur mechanic at best and much worse with electrical. But all of life is a learning experience right?

Last edited by XanderWiFi : 12-01-2010 at 02:34 PM.
XanderWiFi is offline   Reply With Quote