View Single Post
Old 01-18-2011, 07:56 PM   #54
-Alero-
GLS member

-Alero- is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to -Alero-
i mean when it probably comes down to it.....the engine was engineered at certain specifications, and the oil filter is a certain size for a reason as well with the oil capacity.....efficiency might be the word, i dont really know.

but just cause it fits, doesnt mean its always better, its kind of like a proceed at your own risk thing, and since no one has reported any problems (that ive seen), some might believe they dont have anything to lose.....or gain with this oil filter.

i cant be the one to say which of the two is better, ive just kinda stated my opinion about it, since i gave this a shot on two oil changes, and really the only logic i can induce is the parasitic drag from the increased amount of oil in the sump. one thing that could probably cause an affect is a decrease in gas mileage.......and what i believe to be power loss.

Redog- have you been running 5 quarts for a while now? you dont have to do this for me but, once of these oil changes i suggest putting exactly 4.5qts in with the oem size filter, and let us know if you noticed a difference.

Last edited by -Alero- : 01-18-2011 at 08:10 PM.
-Alero- is offline   Reply With Quote