Old 01-23-2011, 01:28 AM   #24
Stickybuddz420
GX Member

Stickybuddz420 is on a distinguished road
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by clutch1 View Post
WHOAH.

Aftermarket radio is NOT NOT NOT the cheap or easy way.

FM modulator is the absolute best way.... get this. Dont listen to that "FM modulators sound like crap" nonsense... they sound fine. I have one in my Aurora and it sounds just as good as a CD.

http://isimplesolutions.com/ipod-adapter/TranzIt.asp

Costs like 70$ or so on ebay. Then get the 2 antenna adaptors you'll need on ebay (small to big and big to small), too. Finally get a pair of RCA cable Y splitters so you can but both the Aux jack and the Ipod cable in.

Then you dont have to fsck around with a new accessory wire and losing chimes, or paying for the GMOS harness, or anything.

Agreed the FM modulator doesn't sound like "crap", But 320kbs if you have the ears is gold against copper (128-220kbs), I mainly notice the clarity difference when it comes to rock/rap, as in i prefer higher kbs for rock and lower (around CD quality) for rap. I'm not completely sure why but I know that I love music and I love it loud, and if your like me, you will want an aftermarket HU. I have used all the stock HU's in the cars I've owned and even with converters and adapters there is no comparison between running stock HU with CD quality and running A $100 HU with 320kbs clarity, Sounds to me like you need to invest some into car security before you spend anything on drawing attention to it And honestly u can get the harness for $15 w/ antenna adapter. And if u really want the annoying ding chime back just put your stock HU back in, no running new wires or anything, whats easier than plug & play?

No More Cobalts - 2 12" Punch HE2's
1100W BOSS CHAOS Mono Amp
Stickybuddz420 is offline   Reply With Quote