View Single Post
Old 01-24-2011, 09:53 AM   #18
zzyzzx
GLS member

zzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christato71 View Post
Yeah just do what everyone else says, get an aftermarket radio with a removable faceplate. You'll be glad you did.

Problem with that is that all the aftermarket head units look like crap in this car. That and the stock units are actually pretty good. Just lack the MP3 player option.

That and I've never actually seen a CD only head unit. I'm sure that they exist, but are extremely rare. I'm speaking of the 1999-2000 model head units. I suspect that the above example is for a newer Alero (a 2004 as per their username??).

Mental note: If I ever see a 1999-2000 with the cd player only at the jy, get it. Right now I am using a MP3 player that's in the form of a cassette case that you put into the cassette part. No external wire, but it's not particularly good.

Last edited by zzyzzx : 01-24-2011 at 09:58 AM.
zzyzzx is offline   Reply With Quote