Thread: thermostat
View Single Post
Old 03-11-2011, 10:21 PM   #5
03glgold
GLS member

03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute
When i went to the parts store it threw a code on the way and said there was a problem with fan #1 circuit. I tried to replace the relay but they didn't have the right one at the part store. ( common enough car that you would think that they would carry them ). I noticed however that neither fan ever came on so does fan 1 have to have a proper connection for fan 2 to work. I believe if not that it would be possible for the relays for fan 1 and fan 2 to have recently gone bad. It has been cold here, however it was warm today when i had the overheating problem. I noticed when i went to the part store that as long as i kept it in the cool wind it wouldn't go above temp but if i got it out of the cool wind then it started to climb. This leads me to believe that the thermostat is fine. I am getting irritated with this car as i bought it to cause less worries than driving my 89 f250 with 370,000mi, but it has been a bigger headache than the truck
03glgold is offline   Reply With Quote