Thread: Paint Booth
View Single Post
Old 04-12-2011, 08:36 PM   #19
notomorrow
GX Member

notomorrow is on a distinguished road
i just started doing autobody and painting about a month ago with a local shop....its definitely hard work, but if you can listen well, and follow directions well, then you have a decent start...every nite my arms feel like they could fall off, ive sanded through my pinky and ring finger on my right hand almost every day now by wetsanding with 1500, no matter how fine the grit it will still strike blood if ya rub it long enough lmfao, but all in all, its fun, and i love doing it, and even if you are halfway serious about wanting to do it then give it a try, but like everybody has already said, PROTECTION..take that first hand from somebody who fell 14 feet from the top of a street sweeper while spraying the top without a respirator on, didnt realize anything until i woke up on the floor, not fun. ALOT of money goes in to doing this but you can make alot in the end. never realize that until i started doing it and learning how much certain things cost to buy and how far some of the paint will or wont stretch, and at like 150+ a quart sometimes....it aint cheap, but dont let it deter you.