Thread: AWD Alero?
View Single Post
Old 04-18-2011, 09:09 AM   #17
kwhauck
2Screwy

kwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by xXManwhoreXx View Post
Awd > rwd think about and awd launch in your hoe once its all done....

I think it is possible, however is it really worth it? I mean there is the cool factor, but you have to consider cost vs. 1/4 time. With anything less than 250-300whp, it really wouldn't make a big difference. With a good suspension, a 1.6 60ft could be achieved. Spy was pulling 1.8 with just agx and springs. AWD evos in the 11s 12s are pulling 1.6 - 2.0 60fts so yeah.....

Also you have to think about adding more components that can break, therefore they have to be built to withstand the HP, no thanks...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redog View Post
When I use to be on the Altima.net forums, somebody did do it with a 93 Altima. I don't see why it couldn't be done, but the first thought I had was the S-10 frame swap

an s10 frame adds un-necessary weight. You could do a RWD swap without all that and just some simple seam welding and extra bracing