View Single Post
Old 04-19-2011, 02:05 PM   #1
TheEdgeofSanity
GLS member

TheEdgeofSanity is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to TheEdgeofSanity
How difficult and safe?

so, my car has 152,000 on it now and I've noticed that it's hesitating really bad when it's opened up to full throttle for passing. I changed the plugs at 93K so its almost 60K on the current ones. I know they're supposed to be good for 100K but would a higher mileage engine possibly wear them out faster?

also, I want to clean the top end of the engine and it seems sea foam is the only option without tearing the engine apart. I am very hesitant to try this because it seems that pushing all that nasty carbon crap through the combustion chambers, valves, and cat could be bad for the car. so how risky is this process? I don't want to kill my car.

thirdly, I want to take the intake apart and clean everything such as the throttle body, the MAF sensor, and whatnot. what will I encounter in there and what should I use to clean it? is there a write-up anywhere?

Overall, I've realized that I am keeping the alero until I get out of college in 3 years and it needs to last. I plan on having the tranny fluid changed again and doing a coolant change this year. anything else to keep this beast going for another 50K?

TheEdgeofSanity is offline   Reply With Quote