View Single Post
Old 05-28-2011, 08:48 PM   #5
spyder_013
GX Member

spyder_013 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by robalero View Post
first step to check. is the trunk latch rusted? I just noticed mine is today so that will be fixed in a couple days when I have some time with the welder again I noticed it from going over bumps more so then my sub running
Nope. Neither the latching mechanism nor the locking hook are rusted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad Jahnke View Post
First things first make sure u have 4 licence plate screws...not just 2. Also adjust ur latch and make sure its nice and secure. If that doesn't fix things, dynamat is the way to go. The place I got all my stereo stuff from (Mickey Shorr) swears by the stuff.

I do only have two at the moment. A few days ago I added a sheet of foam to the back and some electrical tape to hold it on, and that got rid of some rattle (at least the one rattle I traced to the license plate). I have a Dynamat License Plate kit on the way, and have to get two new screws and nuts at Autozone tomorrow.

There is a local guy that sells Dynamat copy at 1/4 the price and claims it is identical to Dynamat. He has some in his Cavalier and is running a slightly more powerful system than mine and has no rattles. I may try some of that out.

My car also does have the wing, although, I haven't been able to trace any of the real loud rattle to it. The loudest rattle seems to be coming from the front center of the top of the hood (right where it meets the base of the rear window in the center).