View Single Post
Old 06-27-2011, 07:14 PM   #1
GLS_Jeff
GX Member

GLS_Jeff is on a distinguished road
Overheating PLEASE HELP! God isn't listing.

I have a 2000 GLS with 86k miles. Bought this car in March and instantly fell in love. Drove it for two weeks and the rack/pinion went on it. Fixed that. Then the temp was hanging out past the halfway mark so I drained the original orange crap, flushed the system, and put in new green stuff. Car made it 30 miles and overheated. Changed thermostat, overheated again. Changed thermostat again, overheated again. Took thermostat out overheated...again. Installed brand new radiator, water pump, coolant resivoir and cap, thermostat, all hoses, and fluid......STILL OVERHEATS. Here is the issue...
I start the car, bring it up to normal operating temperature, and shut it off. Then I bleed the system at the bleeder near the water neck. After just fluid comes out I close the bleeder and top off the fluid. Then test drive the car and it makes it three miles and overheats. I bleed the system six times and everytime tons of air comes out and the fluid goes down. And just keeps overheating. I went threw over four gallons of coolant and the strange thing is I don't know where it's going. There are no leaks, and it's not coming out the exhaust. No water in the oil either. When the car overheats the coolant level is fine. It goes down everytime I bleed it. I just don't know what to do. Please help cause I have no idea what direction to go in from here. Thanks everyone
GLS_Jeff is offline   Reply With Quote