View Single Post
Old 06-27-2011, 09:22 PM   #59
cherrington17
Gone

cherrington17 has a spectacular aura aboutcherrington17 has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to cherrington17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naich View Post
Those cars are fast. Carbon fiber helps reduce weight. Vinyl decals on a slow car is pointless. Doesn't save weight, nor does it make the car fast. And IMO, it looks ugly.

There a HUGE difference here.

What else could be done to those cars? The vinyl was done to be able to quickly change the appearance without having to repaint. And a paint job on one of those would be crazy. (for proper disassembly, paint reassemble) stupid high cost.

How much for an alero? Much less, because NONE of us have a show car. Even the ones that do/did, still a few zeros less than any of those cars.

No-one is going to walk up to Lamborghini Sesto point, and laugh at it being a CF vinyl wrap. An Alero however... WILL get laughed at. Why? because double standards exist, and we don't drive supercars!

Am I against full vinyl wraps? No. I'd like to do one as a temp change to the cars appearance. Looks good (done properly) its cheap and changes things up. But to wrap certain pieces just because you can? No. Either get it legit copied (lots of money) or get it dipped (looks ALOT better)

Fake or real... whatever. Alot of people won't get close enough to ever tell.. and some won't even know by feel. (am I talking about car parts anymore???) Its about how it looks, finished product. And doing a personal wrap, UNLESS your a pro at it... will look like crap.