View Single Post
Old 08-16-2011, 08:35 AM   #18
sleepyalero
GLS member

sleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhubbz View Post
NO!!!!!!!! they come off easily, DO NOT use anything sharp!!! Use goo gone or something like it and a hair dryer/ heat gun. they will come right off.

be very very careful if your use something sharp. I learned the hard way

i used a flat head with mine to remove the door gaurds, the car looks so much better without them. get a small enough flat head it will fit between the trim and the door without touching the paint. as long as you have steady hands, you'll be fine. and as spc said, start it with the flat head then use your hand for the rest of the way, then goo gone to clean up the adhesive and give a nice wax after words.

one bad thing about doing this is if the car has ever been repainted to a different color then once you take off the door gaurds you'll be in for a surprise... but im positive no one has changed the color of the car or repainted it.

very good work on the detail job btw.
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Meet Destiny, shes a 2001 Oldsmobile Alero GLS, F40 6MT swap. (#2 of 3)
2/24/14 - 200,000 miles body/motor. 22,300 on F40.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldsnut View Post
He would Plasti Dip his pecker if he could.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tipnitty View Post
A girl touched my Pee Pee. So you can say things are getting pretty serious for me.
sleepyalero is offline   Reply With Quote