View Single Post
Old 09-05-2011, 09:48 PM   #46
tylershiltz05
GX Member

tylershiltz05 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by SIUlero View Post
I see one of two things happening here. (1) You're a 16 year old kid, this is your first car, and you know absolutely nothing about the way a car works; or (2) You're a troll whose just trying to stir up shit on our forum. If it's (2), just GTFO now. But if it's (1), I hope you won't get too discouraged by everyone here trying to fill you in on the truths that have been discovered about Aleros by the members of this site over the past decade. It's an EXCELLENT knowledge base, and a great place to learn everything you want to know about your car. Welcome to the site.

The truth is, there is no "magic chip" that can unlock 45 or 50 hp from an Alero by itself. What you're feeling is more of a placebo effect: you know it's supposed to feel faster, so you think it is. If one of us was to take that chip out of your car tonight without you knowing, and you drove it tomorrow, you most likely wouldn't even notice a difference. Also, the PCM can't tell you how much power the engine is creating, so plugging a tool into the OBD-II port (equipped in every car since 1996) to communicate with the PCM can't tell you that either. The BEST it can do is theorize (with a VERY wide margin for error). As for your other point, stock V6 Mustangs have never been able to keep up with stock 3400 Aleros. You say this race was done at a track? Do you have a timeslip? You can get close estimates on horsepower and torque using the numbers from track slips. You could submit that as actual proof of the power increase you're claiming.

ok..thats nice..like i said before, i dont give a eff wat u stupid ahoes are saying..as long as i know my self, thats all that matters..