View Single Post
Old 09-06-2011, 03:37 PM   #54
cherrington17
Gone

cherrington17 has a spectacular aura aboutcherrington17 has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to cherrington17
In full functionality, the IAT sensor:
"Intake Air Temperature (IAT) Sensor
OPERATION
The Intake Air Temperature (IAT) sensor resistance changes in response to the intake air temperature. The sensor resistance decreases as the surrounding air temperature increases. This provides a signal to the PCM, indicating the temperature of the incoming air charge."
(Taken from: http://www.freeautomechanic.com/iat-...mperature.html )

What you bought, its a large resistor, that alters that sensor's ability to read the proper temperature, which causes the car's PCM (we don't have ECU's on our cars) to read that the air is denser than it actually is, causing it to push the maximum amount of gas it can allow, through your fuel regulator.

I have a question about your logic as to your purchase. Do you really think, Gforce, as company, employs engineers who know the inner workings of the engine better, than GM does? (a "yes" would mean they have people who have completely reverse engineered the entire block, and found weak points in it, that could be fixed with a small plug in box, that can be bought for.... less than $50... that GM THEMSELVES didn't know about)

I will restate my question once more.... Yes or no....
Do you really think, Gforce, as company, employs engineers who know the inner workings of the engine better, than GM does?