Thread: Coolant Leak
View Single Post
Old 10-17-2011, 03:58 PM   #4
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by robalero View Post
are you sure its not the metal hosing that goes to the t-stat? mine just recently did that about 2 months ago I thought it was my waterpump also but it was a leak on the metal piping to the t-stat. just best bet is to jack it up poor water in the coolant res and look underneath and see where its pouring from
It could be, I'll know more when I look hopefully. I think it's probably the rusty metal coolant pipe that goes under the pan and up to the thermostat. I had a sketchy feeling last time I replaced my thermostat that it was dirty and wouldn't seal well, but yeah that pipe looked pretty bad. That would be awesome if that's what needs to be replaced.

Quote:
Originally Posted by robalero View Post
and btw if it is #3 its not really a seal as the seal is on the t-stat itself not like most other seals
This I know lol.
[ion] C2 is offline   Reply With Quote