View Single Post
Old 11-15-2011, 03:28 PM   #36
whiterider00
GLS member

whiterider00 is on a distinguished road
so...remember how i said there were no real issues installing the new crank pulley? ya, i was wrong. i somehow managed to rape the collar that the crank seal sits in, therefore it didnt sit right, therefore lots of oil leaked out, onto my serp belt, and was flug throughout the engine bay.

this was sunday that i noticed it. no junk yards around here are open sundays. and according to car-part.com, the closest yard that had one readily available was an hr drive away. so i spent this morning driving out to east butt-eff massachusetts to get a new timing chain cover. it wasnt til i got home that i noticed there were 3 decent sized dents in the outer edge of it. and my day got better from there. it took me just as long (and much much more frustration) to put on the serp belt than it did to do the 3000 bolts holding on the timing cover.

finally got everything reinstalled, tightened, cleaned and all set. started up the car, and after hearing some odd ticking, realized there was only maybe 1/4 qt of oil. yes, my day has been so shitty and long up to this point, that i actually forgot to put oil in. it ran for 10 sec tops before i shuit it off, and upon startup with oil in it, there were no unusual sounds, and it ran fine for the 5 min i drove it.

now the only really relevent part of this whole story, is that after the car sits for an extended amount of time, (longer than a day or so) the shitty idle/sputtering issue seems to dissapear for the first 5min or so of driving (usually test drive to see if ive effed up anything else). i am still unable to get the crank position sensor any looser than i have before, and theres still no codes or any other symptoms.

does this point to something specific like the crank sensor, or is it purely coincidental? i would really love to get this figured out sometime soon while its still warm out. any suggestions would be very much appreciated.

hope you enjoyed the story. lol
whiterider00 is offline   Reply With Quote