View Single Post
Old 11-20-2011, 07:05 PM   #37
whiterider00
GLS member

whiterider00 is on a distinguished road
ok, so ive been attempting to get my crank sensor out for quite a while now, while still driving tht car to and from work. saturday morning tho, it took me nearly 10 minutes to go about 2 miles, and the car stalled on its own twice, and i had to shut it off cuz of the idle at least 2 times.

anyway, i tried removing the sensor again this morning. first i broke off a small piece of the mounting bracket part. i actually thought this was good, cuz now i had a way to try and get some sort of lubricant down to the o-ring. sprayed on some pb blaster, and let it sit for a bit. tried again, and this time, the whole mounting piece broke off. the only thing that sticks out of the block now is the 2 metal prongs that the wiring harness went to.

i can definitely tell its the o-ring thats siezed up inside the hole, so ive been thinking of what i could spray in there to kinda eat the rubber, and make it easier to pull out by using pliers and pulling on the metal prongs. if i cant get this thing out, i really dont know what to do, cuz any garage wont be able to do anything that i havent already tried.
whiterider00 is offline   Reply With Quote