Thread: Won't Start
View Single Post
Old 12-22-2011, 07:11 PM   #17
a.graham52
Premier V.I.P. Member

a.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to a.graham52
Quote:
Originally Posted by cherrington17 View Post
New starter fixed everything. After talking to the seasoned guy at a local parts place (while having my battery tested) he pointed out that I SHOULD NOT HAVE had 12V on the B+, with the car off. I know for a fact I did (since I was the only one in the garage... can't test and turn the key at the same time) I got a new starter, installed. Running great again.

Thanks all.

i find that kind of false info. the B+ terminal at the stater (big wire from you batter) should ALWAYS have B+. the litte wire (switched ignition) should only have 12V with key in cranked positin. when testing starters it pretty easy for the most part unless you have one of them curve balls sent at ya. check for 12vs at big wire and/or use a test light. test the same at the little wire but make sure you only have power durring crank. then if you do and the car doesnt turn over. bam you need a starter.