Thread: Heating Core!!!
View Single Post
Old 01-16-2012, 05:53 PM   #17
lonnie
I drive a JEEP!

lonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by zzyzzx View Post
I still want to know exactly what's wrong with the heater core. I.E.- why are you wanting to replace it.
Well I don't think that it is the heating core now...at first I was smelling coolant in the car, and I had no heat, but there was no film on the windshield and nothing was wet inside. Today I was driving, and the car ran hot...I could see steam coming from the engine but I couldn't see the leak. A couple of weeks ago my upper radiator hose had a quarter size hole in it from it rubbing against some high pressure line just above it. So I replaced that and check the lower and that was fine. Fast forward to today...when I finally get home I look under the car and coolant is pouring down. I check all of the hoses again and nothing I can see one hose coming from the heating core that connects to the water pump and that is fine...but I can't see where the second hose runs to, and whether it is leaking from there. It is the only place I can think of that would leak coolant toward the back of the engine.

Any ideas?