Thread: TV suggestions
View Single Post
Old 02-23-2012, 11:23 PM   #10
HazMatt24
GLS member

HazMatt24 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzyspudkiss View Post
Also don't be fooled by the sales people saying that 1080p is so much better than 720p. There is a difference...but to the human eye, few can tell without being told. The main stats you want to look at is hertz and of course the back light type.

And finally, if they try to sell you an HDMI cable, dont let them convince you that a gold plated one is better than a regular one...HDMI cables either work or the dont, thats the beauty of Digital. So if you by the cheap HDMI cable it will have just as good a picture as a $60. The only time that you need the more expensive kind is if you are burying it, running it over 25 ft, or running it through walls.

If you want an HDMI cable this is the site where I got mine, works great and much cheaper than any retail store.

http://www.monoprice.com/products/se...d=hdmi&x=0&y=0

I gotta call BS on the first part. Its very easy to tell the difference between 720 and 1080 on the size TV he is talking about getting. Hz is where the eye has a hard time distinguishing, 120hz is fine for most people.

Also, don't puss out on not getting a smart TV UNLESS you have an internet connected bluray. I have smart TVs/blurays in every room of my house and a hard drive linked at my wireless router with all my movies and mp3s ripped to it so I can watch any movie or listen to any song from any device in my house with the push of a button. Plus unless your a TV whore, you can actually cut out cable, up your internet connection, add hulu plus and Netflix and save some coin
1994 Chevy Suburban aka The Zombie Mower 4" Rancho suspension lift 2" body lift. 315/75/16 Mickey Thompson Radial M/Ts 10000K HID 12" JL W3 Subs in custom box 1000W Alpine mono amp 1F capacitor 6.5" JL mids 4X6 Pioneers in dash 450W Alpine 4 channel Dynomax cat & exhaust
2007 Cadillac Escalade EXT chameleon paint, Cadillac 22" wheels
HazMatt24 is offline   Reply With Quote