Thread: Door rust
View Single Post
Old 02-28-2012, 05:14 AM   #24
MMGT1
GLS member

MMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond repute
[quote=bdyman;610457]jesus effin christ its effin amatuer hour on aleromod
why on gods green earth are we just putting a band aid on rust?????? people bondo is not going to fix rust, fiberglass is MORE POURUS THEN BONDO IS!!!!!! even though bondo is now water proof it still doesnt make it the cure all for all fixes!!!

LOL, figured you chime in there man... its a quick fix, and what I did was just to make it go another couple of years, thats it. These cars are getting to the 12 year mark, and like said, I am sure as hell not spending a couple grand on this thing body wise. But by all means, if you are going to have your car for another 5 years or so, then spend the cash and fix it right. Otherwise its just not worth it man. Hell, we are taking about a bit of rust at the bottom of a door and a rocker panel that is covered in plastic anyway! Sometimes, stepping back and looking at the big picture is the more reasonable way to go... just my 2 cnts guys, that's all