View Single Post
Old 03-14-2012, 10:16 PM   #143
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
I've only worked on it for 1 day disassembling, and 1.5 days reassembling it. It's the fastest I've ever done it.

It's the machine work and part ordering that takes forever. And this extra radiator job that I have to wait for the shop to do on the hoist.

The car sat for a week or so until I was able to tow it to the shop. Another couple weeks before they even pulled the block out. After it was out, took 1-2 weeks for Russ to get a chance to disassemble it. Then, after discovering that oversized pistons were necessary, I had to order those. Had to borrow money. Took a long time for them to be delivered. Once in, everything had to be brought over to the machine shop, where it took 3-4 weeks for the shop to be get to my components (they have a huge list of business going on, their shop is packed with heads, blocks, internals and they work 9AM-7PM 6 days a week). Once the block was machined, it was found piston rings were broken in the package. Ordered a new set, overnight. Those were broken. Ordered another new set, those were okay. Bottom end assembly took about a week. Shop tends to work on many different projects and mine isn't the only or priority one. Then another week for them to put the engine in.

I hardly have time to get to the shop during working hours as they close at 6PM everyday and I work full time and get out at 4:30PM and get to the shop around 5PM. I'm going as fast as I can while maintaining an extremely high level of care and precision as to how things are being put together. I want this to last, not just be thrown together in the fastest time possible to fall apart again in a month or two.
[ion] C2 is offline   Reply With Quote