View Single Post
Old 03-30-2012, 08:49 PM   #197
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
Drove it home tonight. I hate taking a car for the first few drives in the rain. Even more so in the dark. It becomes extremely difficult to tell when things are leaking, or smoking, etc. And if you do have a problem, you're getting rained on and can barely see what's wrong.

Now that I've driven it more than 5-10 minutes and farther than 1/8 mile, I can definitely tell that the vibration is excessive. And the noise is much higher than it should be. Has to be an exhaust leak somewhere (besides the muffler that's mostly duct tape).

I'll check tightness on everything tomorrow morning in the effing daylight when it's not raining.

It seems to be okay otherwise... coolant temperature appears great (down to 181 when cruising).. oil is staying in it... trans fluid I'm not sure, everything is so effing wet right now with spillage of said fluids, and rain, but the trans temp stayed nice and cool and it appeared to shift okay.. so hopefully it's all fine.. assuming I can fix the vibration/noise, it should be perfect in every way for once.

It's more than likely an exhaust leak. Pretty sure I heard a decent sized one when I first started it up (when it was sunny and dry out so I can see and hear things well) and after I had it idling after driving.
[ion] C2 is offline   Reply With Quote