View Single Post
Old 06-20-2012, 10:25 PM   #14
k3nd4l
GX Member

k3nd4l is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redog View Post
Spend the money and get a real grille, gutter mesh is for, ummm, gutters
why spend the extra money ? i found the mesh for $3 at home depot and its big enough for all 3 slots. If it falls out at any point its a cheap replacement to put back anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by [ion] C2 View Post
wow, really?

i have the plastic black mesh on my car for gutters.. it's effing mesh, it's raw material, doesn't matter where the eff you get it as long as it's not steel that will rust...

go on mcmaster.com and order whatever the hell you want. why pay more because it's called a "RACING GRILLE MESH MAD TIGHT YO" on some stupid performance site when it's something as simple as effing mesh.
Yea i was wondering isnt the gutter mesh what most people use? i read through alot of threads and thats the idea i was getting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by [ion] C2 View Post
supercharger is super-weak. i dyno'd at 185whp with mine and 2.6 pulley. best time 14.8 @ 91.

i mean it's definitely fun to drive and feels much quicker, but don't expect to be that quick.
i like the fact that s/c is just a bolt on + the sound of it = && i dont need to be that quick lol this car isnt gonna be running on a track or anything

Quote:
Originally Posted by spc2125 View Post
turbocharge FTW!

Just dont be cheap. If you build it cheap, it wont last for ****.
Expect atleast 4k to t/c

after reading through a lot of forums i got the sense that t/c has more problems than a s/c + i really dont have 4k to spend on one considering i want to do other stuff to my car and im a full time college student
k3nd4l is offline   Reply With Quote