View Single Post
Old 06-24-2012, 01:44 PM   #8
GL2Alero
GX Member

GL2Alero is on a distinguished road
Quote:
you are really supposed to jack up car and wiggle the wheel at 12 and 6 to see which side has play in it. if the bearing was that bad you would clearly be able to see which side is solid and which has play

Quote:
it is possible to have a "loud" wheel bearing that has no play in it. seen it many times. but taking the bearing out to spin... horribly way to diagnose anything.

Quote:
That's your problem right there. What's the brand name and country of origin for these?

So I know that the written language can be taken the wrong way but all of the responses I got here are more insulting to me with no help. I thought the forum was supposed to be here for like minded people to help each other. I didnt just join from a google search when I had a problem I have been here for 4 years and I mostly read, research and learn instead of asking stupid questions with out researching at all.

The first quote is telling me what I am supposed to after a week of no one answering and after I found out for myself what the problem is. Also how can that be the supposed way when it doesn't always work. Why not suggest it as a possible way to diagnose it.

Second quote, also would have been nice to know before I found out for myself and spinning in my hand is a horrible way? Both times I have had bad bearings I can hear and feel a difference while spinning in my hand just not in early stages.

Third quote, not all of have the money to buy the best parts out there and even if we did they still have only the same warranty and I have had alot of success from purchasing cheap Chinese parts in the past. my cheap $40 bearing is still under warranty and if a timkin died at 2-3 years well no warranty but my cheap Chinese one that dies at 6-12 months still covered each time anyway it was prob just a fluke because any bearing should last more than 8 months no matter how cheap it is and I gambled to save money.

I just wish all of you would be more supportive in my efforts in keeping a car that we all like living. Most people don't appreciate cars like we do especially insignificant ones like Alero's. I have been happy with mine. I have had it for 12 years and 163,000 miles and I didn't start having bearing problems til 155,000 miles and I hope that I will have better support if I have to come with questions in the future.
GL2Alero is offline   Reply With Quote