Thread: Build Thread
View Single Post
Old 06-25-2012, 01:39 AM   #29
k3nd4l
GX Member

k3nd4l is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdyman View Post
is this thread for real??? am i seeing a build of a car well kinda of a build i guess, SILICONE IS NOT MEANT TO BOND ANYTHING TOGETHER, ITS MEANT FOR HOUSE USE, NOT AUTOMOTIVE!!!
THE 69 CAMARO IM RESTORING AT WORK HAD HOUSE SILICONE AND HOUSE ALUMINUM WITH RIVETS PATCHED OVER THE UPPER COWL AND DASH GUESS WHAT.............IT MADE THE RUST WORSE, GUESS WHAT......THE SILICONE DIDNT DO SHIT BUT JUST FILLED A VOID SO THE BUTCHER COULD SHAPE ALUMINUM OVER METAL

if the mesh is metal, shape it to your bumper basicly making a template before you bond the mesh so just clean the inside of the bumper, go spend the money buy the applicator gun some 3m panel bond, and bond the mesh to the bumper

its not hard, a monkey can do it so you do it and it will last the life time of the car

your paint job it depends on what ya want but by juding on the pep boy seat covers and awesome red interior paint you sir have no clue on how to build a car sorry but i call it the way i see it

a good decent paint job shops start at 6k and can go up and past 15k
i start on the side at 3k and go up there are allot of butcher shop and hacks in my trade so be careful who you go to

ask around ask on forums, if ya want quality you will pay for it bottom line in my trade

enjoy

ill keep in mind that. i never said anything about silicone i asked for ideas on what to keep it on with. your idea sounds good and i will look into that.

& my paint job is already covered as posted in a different thread. My neighbor happens to be my bestfriend and his dad is a car detailer/painter while his mom sells the automotive paint and i was told by them as long as i buy the supplies (which ill be getting a discount on) they will do the job for free .

i have no "pepboy seat covers" YES i have seat covers but thats because i didnt like the color the cars interior initially is and it was going with the theme of the interior. as for the paint that was done a while ago and i regretted it once it was done (ALSO stated in a previous thread). These two things have absolutely NOTHING to do with the "building" of a car because they in no way affect performance but are rather done to my VISUAL liking. to each his own.

This thread was made as a way to keep everything i wanted to do together with questions on how to do them without having to start a million threads. not whether or not i know how to build a car. thankyou.
k3nd4l is offline   Reply With Quote