View Single Post
Old 07-17-2012, 05:30 PM   #17
jhubbz
⌘ Irish Pride

jhubbz is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by billytheman1188 View Post
KYB AGX struts are the best available....or go stock replacement struts with KYB GR2.... as far as springs go.....

H&R- 1.6 in
Eibach- 1.2

I have the H&Rs on gr2s but i wanna switch to agx's. I would say 1.6in is good for you....you can go lower with speedbuilt i think....theirs also canuck springs and one other....cant think of it....their all lower than the H&Rs. I'd say keep it reasonable....it does look better lower but you dont wanna go TOO low

Also, when you're changing that stuff out you should probably get some new strut mounts for both the front and rear. Go with MOOG....DON'T go with KYB....bad reviews on their mounts. IDK what your money situation is but when you lower it you wanna make sure you do other stuff too. Replacing your bushings wouldn't be a bad idea. Remember, you're going to need an alignment too after you do the struts/springs so you might as well replace any other things in the suspension. Instead of having to get new strut moutns in the future, then another alignment.....then you get bushings replaced.....another alignment....you get the picture

Oh yea....how many miles on the car?

IIRC the H&R's drop more in the front than the rear, thus giving a raked look?

Done lost my mind
jhubbz is offline   Reply With Quote