Thread: V8 swap
View Single Post
Old 08-08-2012, 07:58 PM   #35
sleepyalero
GLS member

sleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond repute
thats pretty cool, but i wouldnt have chose a northstar for it. but give him props.

sadly, if you look at page 14, the car was parted out and scrapped. i didnt look into why he got rid of it all, maybe cause it wasnt worth it..

edit: looks like he got rid of it for a truck project. his reply on the last page. (owner of the v8 cav)

"Its been a while since i have been on this forum, interesting to see my old thread has been revived.

NOTa2_4 has it right. I could not bring myself to sell it as a whole, i just couldnt stand seeing someone else driving it around- and as happens to all sold projects, running it into the ground. Then there is the problem with it being so custom that it would be impossible to give a complete list of parts that were used, let alone the fact that many were completely one off. And to finish it off no one would give me the money i would want for the car as a whole, including the people who say they would have bought it- i know that sould have never come through.

PS. I dont have the M90 manifold anymore either, it got tossed long ago when i decided i wasnt going to toy with another 2.4

And again, thanks for the compliments on my projects!"

Yeah imo all that work wasnt even worth it, he was only pushing around 300 hp! he could have dumped his money into the stock motor with a turbo and could have been eating that northstar for breakfast.

his old motor he had in it was an ld9 with an m90 on it, that right there is atleast around 200hp with supporting mods. so he only gained like 100hp out of that v8 swap, worthless....

another post from the guy who made the car.

Since the thread is here anyway- The car left the girlfriend and i stranded a couple weekends ago (broke a shift cable) quite far from home. Its been really reliable till that point but it still really bothered me (along with a few other unresolved issues- bodywork, cant flat drag it due to front tire clearance)
The car now sits in front of my shop untill a few other projects are finished (my truck, my brothers 2 trucks and my friends truck) at which point i will make the final decission on what to do with it. I dont think i want to finish it up how it is- at this point the plan is turn it into a longterm project and build it into something crazy. Time will tell, may have other priorities by that time that may slow progress.
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Meet Destiny, shes a 2001 Oldsmobile Alero GLS, F40 6MT swap. (#2 of 3)
2/24/14 - 200,000 miles body/motor. 22,300 on F40.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldsnut View Post
He would Plasti Dip his pecker if he could.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tipnitty View Post
A girl touched my Pee Pee. So you can say things are getting pretty serious for me.

Last edited by sleepyalero : 08-08-2012 at 08:19 PM.
sleepyalero is offline   Reply With Quote