View Single Post
Old 11-11-2012, 04:52 PM   #7
03glgold
GLS member

03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by billytheman1188 View Post
True. BUT it is pretty complicated stuff....you really gotta read up on it and learn....it can't ALL be taught on here. If he wants to get into that more power to him but i think he's just looking for easier power adders. You guys act like anybody can just hop right on hptuners and tune their car. lol. Most people don't know about that stuff....and it takes A LOT of reading/research.

He wanted a chip....so why not just point him in the easier/cheaper direction? Tuned PCM from milzy. Instead of paying $400 for a tuning program he has no idea how to use. Jeez...

The fact is though that as I list that as an example I don't know how to use it and am not making an effort because I don't know if I will ever have the need to learn it. If I had access to it you can bet I would spend hours and hours learning how everything works...I do know that from what I understand that there are aspects of tuning the ecotec that can be a pain as compared to the others usually that doesn't occur until forced induction but still

As it stands I think that I am starting to hear a little noise from the bottom end of the motor not only do I hear a minor knocking noise that might be able to be attributed to the fuel injectors but I hear a slight scraping sound about every 30-40 sec at idle. If the motor in this one dies then it becomes time for a different alero that doesn't need almost everything done

Last edited by 03glgold : 11-11-2012 at 04:55 PM.
03glgold is offline   Reply With Quote