View Single Post
Old 12-14-2012, 10:48 AM   #5
sleepyalero
GLS member

sleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond repute
Haha glad you check her out. The 4 banger isn't bad, yet I know nothing about them because I'm a 3.4 guy.

The fender stripes are actually a nice decal, like a stick, but thicker and better. Got it off eBay for 14 dollars for all 4. I do plan on repainting the car down the road, and the stripes will then be painted onto the fenders. But they look good and hold up to all weather, power washer and everything else.

Mike is an awesome guy, little slow at times but that's just because he's a very busy guy. He mainly specializes in N-body cars. (Grand ams, alerts, etc) he does turbo builds on quite a lot of ga's. he does awesome work. He actually did my 6 speed swap for me. Did a really awesome job on it, the car is a lot of fun. It's 2/2 6 speed 3400s in the world I'm pretty sure. Only other guy on here who has it (mfuller) also got his done at Mikes shop. Milzy Motorsports. Aside from that we believe no one else has this swap. If you didn't know the 3400's only came in auto from factory, no manual option. So it's pretty special. He is located south of Dayton. He has a website. Milzymotorsports.com check it out.

With 165k miles I'd move to full synthetic and high mileage. I use Mobil 1.

Yeah, I like the car CLEAN at all times. I know it's "just an alero" but I want the car to last. It doesn't get drivin in rain, or snow. It's mostly in the garage unless its nice out to drive it. Soon it will be staying in for the winter. I plan on spending a lot of money on the car.. Building the motor and putting a turbo on it. It will be 400-500 hp when I'm done with it depending on where I go with the build.. Gonna cost around 20+ grand for what I look at doing.

Reason why the alero, i don't care to own a car everyone has (camaro, trans am, gto, etc.) yes you can make power easy, but its to easy. I like the alero being a challenge to reach the power I'm looking for. I mean who would expect a turbo 4 door alero? It's going to be a lot of fun, I can't wait.

The headlights were takin apart, removed reflector, and painted the chrome piece inside.

You can convert your alero to disc somewhat easy, though I don't remember what it takes.
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Meet Destiny, shes a 2001 Oldsmobile Alero GLS, F40 6MT swap. (#2 of 3)
2/24/14 - 200,000 miles body/motor. 22,300 on F40.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldsnut View Post
He would Plasti Dip his pecker if he could.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tipnitty View Post
A girl touched my Pee Pee. So you can say things are getting pretty serious for me.
sleepyalero is offline   Reply With Quote