View Single Post
Old 12-14-2012, 04:14 PM   #12
03Sleepr
Premier V.I.P. Member

03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by the1lyden View Post
Wow you guys are sooo helpful! wish i would have known about this forum years ago.... strange because i was online searching for resolutions to all the issues i have had over the years.

So if my factory headers are still going strong, what is the benefit in replacing them? do i get more power? i have heard that blown factory headers are pretty common with Alero's.

@Sleepy - Daytime running lights - yeah i don't care for them either. Did you just take out the bulbs or did you do something fancy to stop them from working?

people here and usually pretty helpful, there are few of us..but we try.

you don't have factory headers, you are confusing headers with head gaskets. headers are replacements for the factory exhaust manifolds, you will see an increase in power and maybe fuel mileage and generally a better exhaust note.

look through the how to section, disabling running lights involves cutting or blocking a pin on a relay in the fuse box. it's very simple.
03Sleepr is offline   Reply With Quote