View Single Post
Old 12-14-2012, 10:39 PM   #19
sleepyalero
GLS member

sleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by the1lyden View Post
Wow you guys are sooo helpful! wish i would have known about this forum years ago.... strange because i was online searching for resolutions to all the issues i have had over the years.

So if my factory headers are still going strong, what is the benefit in replacing them? do i get more power? i have heard that blown factory headers are pretty common with Alero's.

I don't have any lights on in the gauges. i heard it could be the switch or the CC cable as well as a bad speed sensor that is throwing off the Cruise.

@Sleepy - Daytime running lights - yeah i don't care for them either. Did you just take out the bulbs or did you do something fancy to stop them from working?

Wipers - i want to get new wipers anyway, the old ones are showing signs of rust.... it sounds like i need to start finding out where some local junk yards are....

More Razzi fans.... i am a little surprised that no one else likes the Showoff 3 body kit.....

Show off 3 is a little much...

The drls is actually involved with a fuse under the hood. There's a thread around here somewhere about how I did it.... Depending on what year your car is you should be able to pull fuse #22 and you can either snip pin #87 or tape it. I cut the pin off on mine.

Here's for an 01

2001 Oldsmobile Alero Locate the DRL relay in the main fuse box under the hood, it is #22 corresponding to the diagram on the underside of the fuse box cover. Remove the relay, snip pin 87, and re-insert. Source
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Meet Destiny, shes a 2001 Oldsmobile Alero GLS, F40 6MT swap. (#2 of 3)
2/24/14 - 200,000 miles body/motor. 22,300 on F40.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldsnut View Post
He would Plasti Dip his pecker if he could.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tipnitty View Post
A girl touched my Pee Pee. So you can say things are getting pretty serious for me.
sleepyalero is offline   Reply With Quote