View Single Post
Old 12-29-2012, 05:41 PM   #13
short_circutz
GX Member

short_circutz is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redog View Post
This is for my Delta.

I need to get 3.5 inch speakers for the dash. The ones in there are orginal and suck pretty bad (after 27 years) and I would like to have all 4 speakers in the car from the same company.

The rear are 6x9, just like in the Alero.

I have it down to Pioneer or Infinity. I like the Infinitys better becasue they seem to be constructed better.

Infinity Speakers model number "Reference 3032cf"
Pioneer model number "TS-A878"

Both are two way. The Pioneers go to 60 watts and the Infinity goes to either 75 or 90 watts (I saw both numbers listed on them)

I'm using a stock GM 12 wire head unit. Single DIN, cassette deck, out of a 1978 Trans Am. Works well, but when I use the cassette for the iPod is gets very quiet. Yeah IDK. but that's another issue

Why not the ones that sound better to you? People get too hung up on wattage, and pay no attention to speaker sensitivity (xx dB@1 watt 1 meter) and....get this...sound quality/preference.

I used to use two of my older compact pa speakers for subs in my S-Blazer. The 15" woofers offered 99dB@1 watt 1 meter sensitivity within the frequency range I was using them. Your run of the mill mid priced auto sub is 90-93@1 watt 1 meter. I get the same volume with less amplifier power as a result.
short_circutz is offline   Reply With Quote