View Single Post
Old 02-17-2013, 10:53 AM   #8
RalphP
GX Member

RalphP has a reputation beyond reputeRalphP has a reputation beyond reputeRalphP has a reputation beyond reputeRalphP has a reputation beyond reputeRalphP has a reputation beyond reputeRalphP has a reputation beyond reputeRalphP has a reputation beyond reputeRalphP has a reputation beyond reputeRalphP has a reputation beyond reputeRalphP has a reputation beyond reputeRalphP has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by 03glgold View Post
I may be wrong but check the part number you got from that to the part number for a 2002-2004...I believe that rear discs were standard through 2001 and possibly 02, and then in their cost cutting they switched it back to the drum brakes

Firing up RockAuto's web site as I type this - but I've seen some Aleros labeled "2000" and "2001" with drum brakes in the yard. Then again, I didn't cross check the VIN plate - and I've seen TurboCoupes labeled "1996" (hint: Last year for the TurboCoupe was 1988).

You're right, they do. I sit corrected.

I'll add that I didn't have to change hoses out when I did the disc conversion to my 2000 Malibu - I just had to make sure the hoses went down and then back up so that they didn't rub on the rim.

RwP
RalphP is offline   Reply With Quote